Stirling Albion 0-4 Elgin City

download-6Report by George Hay

City introduced David Crawford as their Trialist goalkeeper and Errol Watson was named on the subs bench as 2nd choice keeper.

Gunny and Daniel Moore were both on the bench, their places in the team taken by the 2 Chris’s , McLeish and Dodd.

City started the game at breakneck speed and within eight minutes were two goals up. Chris Dodd had two early attempts. Each attempt passed either side of the goal.

But City did open the scoring after five minutes following a great passing movement. The ball reached Chris McLeish who threaded a great back heel to Shane Sutherland who was already moving into position. He simply carried on his run and clipped a good shot past a bemused Stirling keeper.

The second goal soon followed when Archie MacPhee went on a mazy run past three flat footed Stirling defenders. He released the ball to Chris Dodd who switched the ball to his left foot and beat the Stirling keeper with a low shot at his left hand post.

City carried on their onslaught on the Stirling goal forcing two corners, both of which proved fruitless.

After half an hour City went 3 up. Following a good passing movement, Chris McLeish played in Shane again and a right footed shot beat Smith in the Stirling goal. Brian Cameron should have made it four but his attempt was saved. City forced a few corners as half time approached, but none of them came to anything. An outstanding half of football played by the City.

At the start to the second half Stirling Albion were a bit more in the game, although they weren’t putting any pressure on the City defence. In fact City should have gone further ahead when Matty Cooper played Brian Cameron in on the goalkeeper, but he got a hand to Brian’s effort and diverted it on to the outside of the post.

Shane was next to have a go with a shot from 25 yards which again the keeper got something on to deflect it wide of the post. Thomas Reilly then got to the byline, and his chipped cross was just too high for Chris McLeish. Gunny and Daniel Moore then came on in quick succession for Chris McLeish and Chris Dodd.

Gunny had a shot saved by the keeper, just before Kyle MacLeod came on in place of Jamie Reid. Thomas Reilly got possession inside the Stirling penalty box, but his side foot effort didn’t trouble the keeper.

Gunny was next to have a go when he was one on one with the keeper, but the keeper was equal to the task. However Gunny had the last word when Brian Cameron played him in on goal. This time Gunny did not hesitate and fired the ball past the keeper from about 15 yards.

Posted in headline, News.

Leave a Reply